Top Webmaster And Developer Tools For Mac OS X
Here at Pro-SEO we like to provide webmasters with lists. Some of our most popular posts of days gone by have been lists like webmaster firefox extensions, Free SEO ebooks, adsense tools and Adsense alternatives. Given the popularity of these posts it become obvious that you guys like lists. But then it occurred to us, We have been neglecting webmasters who are on a Mac. So we decided to collect a bunch of webmaster tools for Mac OS X.
When looking at this list please remember, As a Linux user i have no way of testing these Mac OS X web developer tools so i can't vouch for them. So the comments of Mac users are very welcome, also if you know any more please post them.
- Transmit Max OS X FTP Client - If you are a webmaster an FTP client is a must. And from what i have read about this application it seems that Transmit is the best FTP client for Mac.
- Taco HTML Editor for Mac - Taco HTML Editor is a full-featured HTML editor and PHP editor distributed as freeware. As an HTML editor, Taco HTML Edit empowers its users to rapidly create their own web sites. It is designed exclusively for Mac OS X and has many advanced features including spell checking, live browser previewing, PHP previewing, syntax checking, and much more.
- MAMP - Macintosh, Apache, MySQL and PHP - If you are a web developer or webmaster on a Mac it's going to be important that you have a way of testing your scripts and pages on your own computer. mamp installs to a single 214MB directory and is completely self contained. It will not make any changes to previous installations of apache you may have.
- Locomotive - Ruby on Rails development - Similar to mamp locomotive will help you develop Ruby on Rails applications on Mac OS X. While those not choosing to set up their Rails development environment using Locomotive may spend hours frustrated by broken libraries, compilation errors, and incomprehensible incompatibilities, you will be able to jump right into Rails development the minute you finish downloading.
- TextMate - Whatever type of development you do on your Mac, whether it be web development, PHP coding or web design TextMate is an essential mac text editor that every developer on a Mac needs
- ColorMod - A pain for every web developer is when you have to open photoshop when you want to get a color value. With Colormod this task becomes a lot easier. It's a great way to get and convert color values on mac OS X.
- Parallels Desktop for Mac - Parallels Desktop for Mac is the first solution for Intel-Macs that give you the flexibility of running Windows on a Mac OS X simultaneously without rebooting. You can use Parallels Desktop for Mac on any Intel-powered iMac, Mac Mini, MacBook, MacBook Pro, & Mac Pro Towers.
- BLT Broken Link Checker - The broken link checker for Mac is used just like a browser. Simply type in the address of your webpage and the BLT will check the page for broken links.
We will continue to add more Mac OS X webmaster tools as we find them, So if you found this page useful keep coming back and don't forget to social bookmark us (buttons below).