Adwords Users Can Now Target Adsense Channels
Google have added a feature to their adsense adwords program that will allow advertisers to pick a custom channel to advertise in, and also allow adsense publishers to select which channels to enable channel targeting in.
No longer will adwords advertisers have to manually select pages or directories that they wish their advert to appear in, they can now simply select the channel that the publisher has set to allow channel targeted adverts to appear in. I'm guessing it will also enable adwords advertisers to pick what adblock on the page they wish to advertise in on a certain page if you have channels set up on a per-ad-block basis.
If you are an adsense publisher and want to enable this custom channel targeting for your adverts simply follow these instruction.
- Log into your account at google.com/adsense
- Under the AdSense Setup tab, visit the Channels page.
- Under the AdSense for content sub-tab, make sure you have selected custom channels.
- Click the radio button next to the channel that you would like to make targetable then, click the corresponding 'edit settings' link.
- Click the checkbox marked 'Show this channel to advertisers for targeting' and enter a description for your channel. Keep in mind that advertisers will see the name and description, so you want to provide something accurate and informative that will represent your site well.
- Click 'Save channel'.
For more information on this visit the Adsense help centre